The Greek Network of Caregivers EPIONI frequently conducts educational events. These sessions engage professionals to address a myriad of concerns, especially catering to caregivers looking after those with chronic ailments or disabilities.
This year, for the 4th consecutive time, EPIONI is hosting the “Caregivers and Depression” seminar. Scheduled for October 5, 2023, at 15:00, the event will be held at the Metropolitan College in Athens and will also be available for online streaming.
The “Caregivers and Depression” event boasts a line-up of distinguished speakers:
- Dr. Giorgos Tzeferakos from the University of Athens will delve into the pharmaceutical approaches to treating depression.
- Mr. Dimitrios Kontis will discuss diagnosing and treating depression specifically in caregivers.
- Psychiatrist Georgia Balta will touch upon how to prevent depression from recurring.
- Dr. Kelly Panagiotopoulou will discuss the lesser-known aspects of caregiver depression.
- Mr. Dimos Dimelis will explore scenarios where depression remains unresponsive to traditional treatments.
- And Arron Hutchinson will shed light on the correlation between ADHD and depression.
Endorsed by the Region of Attica, the Hellenic Psychiatric Association and the Hellenic Brain Council this event is being realized in partnership with several mental health institutions.
Support for the event comes from corporate sponsors: VIANEX, Janssen, Pfizer, and Pharmaserve Lilly.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85160102747
|15:00 – 15:20||Greetings: Region of Attica, Professor G. Christodoulou – MEP S. Kymbouropoulos|
|15:20 – 15:30||Pharmacological Treatment of Depression||George Tzeferakos
Psychiatrist, Doctor of Psychiatry, PhD,
|15:30 – 15:40||Diagnosis and treatment of depression in caregivers.||Dimitrios Kontis , Psychiatrist, President EKEPSYE|
|15:40 – 16:00||The prevention of depression after depression||Georgia Balta
|16:00 – 16:15||The hidden depression of the caregiver||Kelly Panagiotopoulou
|16:15 – 16:30||When depression does not respond to conventional treatments||Dimos Dimelis
|16:30 – 16:45||Depression and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)||Arron Hutchinson
|16:45 – 17:00||Discussion with the audience|